See current deals, trusted reviews, and valuable information related to purchasing and owning an Exercise Ball Chair.
What is an Exercise Ball Chair?
The Exercise Ball Chair is an excellent substitute to a conventional home or office chair. The chair combines the popular exercise ball (a workout product found in most gyms and fitness centers) with a sturdy and solid plastic base and backing. Because of its simple yet effective design, the Exercise Ball Chair is one of the most inexpensive, yet extremely comfortable and ergonomically correct chairs on the market.
While this chair continues to be a desired addition for many customers, it is revolutionary because of the health benefits that it offers. The benefits are achieved all while sitting in the comfort of your own home or office.
Because the Exercise Ball Chair is intended to maintain proper posture and to prevent shoulder and back pain as well as slouching, the following are important tips to remember:
- It is important to remember to keep the back straight; while most people find themselves wanting to lean back against the back support, the back of the chair is not intended for support. Rather, it is meant to serve as reminder to keep engaged your core muscles and back straight
- Your knees should be bent at a ninety-degree-angle. The ideal placement for your feet should be flat on the floor. While some individuals have found using a foot rest to achieve a proper ergonomic sitting position, make sure your arms are extended at an optimal level.
- The height of the chair should be such that the elbows are not bent more than slightly when your hands are on your desk or computer keyboard.
What are the benefits of owning an Exercise Ball Chair?
Because your body when seated on the chair is constantly making small adjustments to remain balanced, unknowingly and without effort you are exercising a large group of muscles. By strengthening your body’s core muscle group through “active sitting,” you help improve your posture which can lead to better balance and better protection against back injuries.
Moreover, because the exercise ball can be removed easily from the base, many exercise ball exercises normally done at the gym can be done wherever you use your chair. When you are finished sitting, the removable exercise ball can be used to do ab exercises, leg exercises, and arm exercises as well as stretching and balance training.
Other Benefits to owning and Exercise Ball Chair:
- Promotes correct ergonomic posture
- Strengthens core muscles
- Helps relieve back, shoulder and neck pressure
Who should own an Exercise Ball Chair?
While the chair is suitable for anyone, it was especially designed for those people who spend a lot of time sitting. Unfortunately, most conventional chairs do not relieve or minimize fatigue – in some cases, they cause it. Used correctly, Exercise Ball Chairs can not only increase blood circulation and help tone muscles, but they can also help relieve fatigue.
Types of Exercise Ball Chairs?
Exercise Ball Chairs are commonly referred to as the Fitness Ball Chair, the Ergonomic Ball Chair, the Yoga Ball Chair, and the Stability Ball Chair (although these chairs sometimes have different options). From our research we have found the below Exercise Ball Chairs to be most popular with consumers:
- Gaiam Balance Ball Chair
- Health Mark BT20000 Swiss Ball Chair
- Isokinetics Balance Ball Chair
- FitBall Exercise Ball Chair